::: love is resistance ~ resistance is love :::
Peacock Rebellion presents
Friday, February 9th + Saturday, February 10th, 2018
Doors 7pm / Show 7:30pm
@ LOL, 1234 23rd Ave., and surrounding venues
~~~~~TIX ARE FREE w/ RSVP! Update: Advance tix are sold out and the wait list is very long. Get on the wait list at the link below or come to one of the shows (doors open at 7pm) cuz we'll have some tix at the door!
Featuring dance and music performances + video work by:
Javier Stell-Frésquez + Snowflake Towers
Resistance has a beat: loud, soft, hard, sweet. Let’s love to a soundtrack to lift us, move us to action, and keep us steady in tough times.
Tenderfest 2.0 is an evening of trans, gender non-conforming, non-binary and genderqueer (TGNCNBGQ) dance and musical performances to celebrate trans people of color loving and getting free in real time.
Can’t get enough? Come to our Cultural Resistance QTPOC Maker Lab at LOL on Sunday, February 11th, 12pm-3pm for tender free arts activities <3
**This show involves some standing (we’ll have chairs for folks who need) and walking through 3 venues across the newly #Liberated23rdAve complex, with the bulk of the show seated at EastSide Arts Alliance’s Cultural Center across the street.
***Please refrain from using scented products so more community members may attend. For a partial list of unscented products, visit bit.ly/2n85XuZ. For more info about being fragrance free and why it’s important: www.brownstargirl.org/1/post/2012/03/fragrance-free-femme-of-colour-realness-draft-15.html
* Street parking is free along E. 14th St./International Blvd., E. 12th St. and 23rd Ave.
* The venues are wheelchair-accessible street-level spaces, except SOL’s restroom doesn’t have a turning radius.
* All restrooms are gender-neutral or will be on the nights of the show.
* Access support people will be at each venue and can give visual descriptions.
* ASL interpretation provided upon request; please see note below.
* Spanish-English simultaneous interpretation available upon request; please see note below.
* Childcare available upon request; please see note below.
* A quiet/chill room will be available for those wanting reduced stimulation.
* A fragrance reduced seating area will be available at EastSide. We ask attendees to be fragrance-free, use fragrance-free products in most spaces and will detox spaces as best we can before the shows but we cannot guarantee a fragrance-free space.
* There are multiple florescent lights in the venues.
Please make accessibility requests by January 26th: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be a trained safety team at the event, available to walk people to and from transportation, etc.
This event is sponsored by Akonadi Foundation’s Beloved Community Fund and the Zellerbach Family Foundation. This activity is supported in part by the California Arts Council, a state agency, and the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency. Thanks to Blue Heart Action, the Fund for Trans Generations, Funding Queerly Giving Circle of Astraea Foundation, Horizons Foundation, HYPE, Magic Makers, Ships in the Night, and the Trans Justice Funding Project, and bad-ass individual donors for ongoing support of our work <3
Graphic design by arttwink